Friday, March 8, 2013

Amalfi Coast

My trip to the Amalfi coast was one of the first I went on.  I was probably the most excited to go on this trip because we were going got the beach, which meant that summer could be extended, almost like I was chasing after the endless summer (which is a great movie if you have never seen it). We traveled to the island of Capri, Sorrento, Positano, Pomepii and then to the only active volcano in Europe - Mt. Vesuvius. I enjoyed the trip so much, I wish I could borrow Dorothy's Ruby slippers and heel click my way back to the Amalfi coast.

The ferry from Sorrento to Capri



Approaching a port in Capri




The convertible cars


A better view of the port, starting off 
our tour around the island

The water was so blue

A better view of the famous "Blue Grotto"
unfortunately the tide was too high to go in



The water was so clear, I could see straight to the bottom

A view from the top of the island
A little slice of paradise


Having a caprese salad where they were invented, Capri
My view while swimming

A little limoncello tasting

Goodbye Capri
The beautiful sunset on the way back to Sorrento

Positano
The views were amazing

My view while relaxing at the beach

View of the shore
Jumping into the Tyrrhenian Sea
Swimming in a Grotto 
Once again the water was an amazing color
Beautiful scenery while on our boat tour
A large grotto
Pompeii








A mummified body 


View while climbing Mt. Vesuvius

Made it to the top of the volcano!

The view was breathtaking 

No comments:

Post a Comment